Underwood Counseling & Consultation PLLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information We may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.This policy applies to information We collect:
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website; and
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries, if any); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
Certain health and medical information about you is protected under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) and applicable state laws. We do not collect information regulated by HIPAA through our Website, you are hereby instructed not to provide any such information to us through the Website, and by using our Website, you specifically agree not to provide any such information. To receive a copy of our HIPAA privacy practices and compliance policy, please contact us at the email provided below.
WEBSITE CONTACT FORM DISCLAIMER
Please be aware that communication with us via our Website may not be done through a secure platform. Although it is unlikely, there is a possibility that information you include in your submission to us may be intercepted and read by parties other than the intended recipient. To protect your confidential information, please do not include personally identifiable information or medical information in any emails or submissions through this Website.
MEDICAL INFORMATION, IF ANY, ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED AS AN INFORMATION RESOURCE ONLY AND IS NOT TO BE USED OR RELIED ON FOR ANY DIAGNOSTIC OR TREATMENT PURPOSES. THIS INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE PATIENT EDUCATION, DOES NOT CREATE ANY PATIENT-PHYSICIAN RELATIONSHIP, AND SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER BEFORE MAKING ANY HEALTHCARE DECISIONS OR FOR GUIDANCE ABOUT A SPECIFIC MEDICAL CONDITION.
UNDERWOOD COUNSELING & CONSULTATION PLLC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY, FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSS, INJURY, OR LIABILITY WHATSOEVER SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF YOUR RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY TEST, TREATMENT, PHYSICIANS, PRODUCTS, PROCEDURES, OPINIONS, OR OTHER INFORMATION MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE UNLESS EXPLICITLY NOTED TO THE CONTRARY. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THIS WEBSITE.
IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR 911 IMMEDIATELY. RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE COMPANY OR OTHERWISE APPEARING ON THE WEBSITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website, through any of its features, register on the Website in any manner, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may appear on this Website from time to time, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, or telephone number (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, or other tracking technologies; and/or
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information We collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information, which you may provide at your own discretion;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; and/or
- Your responses to surveys that We might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions, if applicable. Therefore, We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information We collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and/or· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity); and/or
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services We offer or provide though it;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information; and/or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please let us know.
We may use the information We have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though We do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may anonymize data and use such anonymized data for any legal purpose, without restriction, in our sole discretion.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Company, our customers, or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If We have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that We collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see your state’s Privacy Rights law for more information or contact us directly by sending us an email at email@example.com if you need more information about our compliance with your state’s privacy laws.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. Please note, however, We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We also may not be able to accommodate a request to change information if We believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions, if any, from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
YOUR STATE PRIVACY RIGHTS
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether We process their personal information;
- Access and delete certain personal information;
- Data portability; and/or
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose; and
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
In addition to these states, you may have other rights under other state laws. To exercise any or all of your rights, whether listed above or not, please send us an email at email@example.com with your request. To appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, however, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards or through User Contributions. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.